Independently Owned and Operated Eye Care Practice Providing
Quality Eye Care, Service and Products You Deserve
*** We've moved to 397 Cottage Grove Road in Bloomfield! ***
Whether you need an optometrist for a routine eye exam, to find the right pair of contact lenses or eye glasses, or for more advanced eye care services, you want to know that the eye doctor you are seeing has the right experience, expertise, and "chair-side" manner to make you comfortable on your visit. With years of outstanding service in the community, our optometrist, Steven D. Gerber has a reputation for excellence.
From our eye clinic in Simsbury, our optometrist, Steven D. Gerber also provides optometry and eye examination services to Granby and Avon, CT and the surrounding areas.
The near chart is a rough assessment on how your eyes perform when viewing near objects at the average reading distance of 16 inches. Perfect 20/20 near vision should just be able to view the letters on the last line. If you are unable to read any of them, chances are you may have a vision defect. This could be attributed to anything from astigmatism, presbyopia, extreme hyperopia or extreme myopia. All of which can be corrected with glasses and contact lenses.
Take a moment to review the wide range of optometry services we have available for you:
- Eye Exam - schedule an appointment online
- Most Eye Care Insurance and vision plans accepted - Click here for plans we accept
- Convenient location: 110 Hopmeadow St. (Rt. 10 & 202) on the Avon/Simsbury line.
- Meet our Optometrist
- Emergency eye care available immediately on premises
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Click here or call 658-1704
- Personalized service
- Ask our Eye Doctor a question
- Extensive lines of eyewear, contact lenses and sunglasses available same or next day (in most cases) To learn more, please visit our Eyewear page.
Looking for an Optometrist in Simsbury?
Better vision has a direct impact on your quality of life. Only you can ensure that your eyes are in good health by taking time for regular vision check-ups. Our state of the art equipment and comprehensive eye exams are among the best you will find, designed to go far beyond simple prescription writing (although we do write and fill eye glass prescriptions!). Early detection and treatment of eye disease are critical for long term vision health.
For specific needs or questions, feel free to contact Dr. Gerber at
email@example.com or by phone at 860.658.1704.